Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) is the Scottish Government’s national strategy for strengthening links between businesses and education with the headline aim of reducing youth unemployment by 40% by 2021.
The strategy is delivered by employer led regional groups across Scotland and Glasgow was the first DYW Group to launch back in 2014.
Find out more about our work in our What We Do section.
Glasgow Employer Board
The Glasgow Employer Board (GEB) is a unique employer-led forum which sits within Glasgow Chamber of Commerce.
The GEB has a membership of over 40 organisations from Glasgow and is Chaired by Craig Martin, Head of HR, Glasgow Airport. Each member is part of the senior management within their organisation and has a responsibility and understanding of employment and skills within their organisation and the wider sector. Members provide their services on a voluntary basis and are unpaid.
The main objectives of the GEB are to:
- Provide employer leadership to the DYW Regional Group as per recommendation 14 of the Commission for Developing the Young Workforce
- Provide employer insight to the employment and skills agenda in Glasgow and beyond
- Where relevant, create and develop task forces to consider relevant areas of work relating to employment and skills
- Produce employer-led responses to local and national consultations on employment and skills
- Inspire business and public sector leaders to help actions in and for the benefit of the city
The DYW Glasgow Team has six team members dedicated to helping businesses in Glasgow to shape, develop and recruit the city’s young workforce with our key partners.
We’ll help you to engage with a range of partner led youth employment and development initiatives to help develop skilled, talented and work ready young people to grow our city and your business.
Click here to find out more about our team.
DYW Glasgow Ambassadors
The DYW Glasgow Ambassadors advocate on our behalf to help increase awareness of DYW through their networks.
For any further information about DYW Glasgow, contact us at