Developing the Young Workforce Programme Director
Hours of Work:
37.5 hour per week
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, 30 George Square, Glasgow
Fixed term concluding 31 March 2021
Love organisation, a dynamic role and a people person? This could be the perfect role for you.
The Projects Team at Glasgow Chamber of Commerce has grown substantially over the past 12 months and includes Scotland’s first Developing the Young Workforce regional team. This is an exciting and fast paced employer led agenda to ensure that young people in Glasgow get the best chance of securing work when they leave education.
Offering you an opportunity to play a crucial role, the Project Associate will support the activity of the wider team. Key responsibilities include maintaining budget spreadsheets, pulling together information for reports as required, organising meetings and assisting the team with the organisation of events and diary management of the project team.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, conscientious and forward thinking. You should have a relevant qualification or experience of working in a similar environment.
Offering you the opportunity to connect with a vast number of stakeholders across the city, this is the perfect opportunity to make your mark within the projects team and become a part of a vibrant team at the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce.
- Managing and monitoring information
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Maintaining budget sheets
- Compiling information for various reports
- Diary management
- Support the team with the organisation and delivery of project events
- Liaise with key partner organisations as appropriate
- Maintaining systems to support the team to monitor performance against KPIs
- Supporting the Programme Director to deliver on the outcomes of the project
- Any other activity required by the Programme Director
- This role requires a high degree of diligence, professionalism and dynamic attitude. You will need to have a keen eye for detail, a determined approach and be capable of working both independently and within the team.
- Contribute to the wider activities within Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and provide support to wider projects activity, events, membership development and marketing where required.
- There may be the requirement to attend early-morning or evening events from time to time.
- This role may require a limited amount of travel but is focused on assisting the Projects Team within the Glasgow office.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent experience of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong team worker
- Sound organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to respond to multiple demands
- A qualification in a related subject at SCQF level 7 or above
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Experience in setting up and running monitoring systems
Midnight on Sunday 1 September 2019
This vacancy is being managed by Glasgow City Council via the Glasgow Guarantee. This means that eligibility requirements need to be satisfied.
Please visit https://www.glasgowguarantee.org and register. Once registered you can find our vacancy using reference number GGL-2019-9676.