The Robertson Trust - Summer Internship Scheme
Tuesday, 29 October 2019
The Robertson Trust internship scheme was established in 2014 to help current 3rd year Robertson Scholars to enhance their C.V and gain valuable experience in the workplace before entering their final year of university. Internships can last for up to 8 weeks and are fully funded by The Robertson Trust.
Who are Robertson Scholars?
Since 1992, The Robertson Trust have identified and assisted over 1000 high achieving young Scots who have the ability but not necessarily the means to get the most out of a university education. As well as receiving a 4 year bursary award from The Trust, all Robertson scholars participate in their Journey to Success Programme which is designed as a personal development and training programme which is designed to build self confidence, presentation skills and other career related qualities.
Scholars have completed internships in many organisations over the past few years including: Barclays, Walter Scott and Partners, Euan’s Guide, Aecom, Barnardos, Young Enterprise Scotland, EY Foundation, Scottish Chamber of Commerce, Cryptic Arts and many more.
Employers - What you need to know:
- The internship can last anything from 2 weeks to 8 weeks
- It can be part-time or full-time and has no fixed dates – we ask that you decide this with the successful candidate
- It will be fully funded by The Robertson Trust (payment made directly to student)
- If interested in hosting an intern you would be required to complete a job/role description for the potential internship.
- You would get the chance to interview the interested scholars and choose who you think would be best suited to the role/organisation
I have gained so much from my experiences over the past 2 months and I feel much more confidence about going into my 4th year knowing I have the skills under my belt and the professional network I have built to help with my honours project.
To find out more on recruiting a fully funded Intern, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org